Insurance Requirements

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Any contractor doing work in the City of Joliet requires a certificate of insurance on file with the City of Joliet as the certificate holder. The minimum requirements are as follows:

General Liability Limits

$250,000.00 Bodily Injury One Person
$500,000.00 Bodily Injury Per Occurrence
$250,000.00 Property Damage Per Occurrence

Any contractor working in the Public Right-of-Way requires a $10,000 Street Obstruction Bond on file.

A demolition contractor (taking a structure down) requires a $50,000 Wrecking Bond on file.

Other Contractor Requirements

  • General Contractor: Certificate of Insurance
  • Plumbing Contractor: Illinois State Plumbing License (055 #); Certificate of Insurance
  • HVAC Contractor: City of Joliet or another municipality HVAC/Business License & Certificate of Insurance
  • Electrical Contractor: Electrical License & Certificate of Insurance
  • Roofing Contractor: Illinois State Roofing License & Certificate of Insurance
  • Siding Contractor: VSI (Vinyl Siding Institute) Certificate & Certificate of Insurance
  • Concrete Contractor: Certificate of Insurance & $10,000 bond if working in public right-of-way
  • Demolition Contractor: Certificate of Insurance & $50,000 Wrecking Bond

* There are no applications for contractor’s registration